[c-nsp] Strange 6509 Error

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Sun May 28 14:00:35 EDT 2006

The SSRAM consistency check error seen here is not the main DRAM memory.

This is a separate SSRAM memory which stores the CEF adjacency
information.

You possibly had a sticky SSRAM bit, which got cleared when you upgraded
to SXF4. I don't think, this has anything to do  with the software
version. Even if you had simply reloaded your router the sticky bit could
have got cleared. By upgrading, you forced a reset of the supervisor and
that possibly cleared the issue.

If you see the problem again after a while of operation, please replace
the supervisor.

You may also want to perodically get the following two outputs:

show mls cef hardware

and look at the 'SSRAM ECC error summary'

sukumar