[c-nsp] IOS Firewall sessions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon May 29 12:37:21 EDT 2006

Phil Mayers wrote:

> Certainly I've
> not seen anyone who provides it for VRRP but I don't think that's a
> surprise.

That was my point.

> Though they're obviously just as proprietary as HSRP, ESRP and VSRP are
> far more useful in many problem domains I've come across.

It is a fact of life (or at least a very widespread opinion) that very
little of what anybody else does is "as proprietary" as things that
cisco does, but is instead viewed as "more proprietary and doesnt
interoperate with cisco equipment". Whether this is good or bad, earned
or unearned is left as an exercise to the reader.