[c-nsp] ip local policy route and tunnels

Denis V. Schapov dschapov at dsi.ru
Mon May 29 23:52:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

look at CSCef95982, CSCef66719, CSCds24740 and a lot of others similar ..

CSCef95982: GRE: Cant control which exit interface tunnel packets use

Release Notes

Symptom: GRE tunnel packets are getting dropped.

Condition: When configuring GRE tunnels where there are two output
interfaces via two different ISPs _and_ packets going out each
interface must use an address from that interface's subnet as the
source. You can configure the GRE tunnel to have a tunnel source
of one of the outbound interfaces, but the GRE packets with this
tunnel source may go out either interface. The GRE packets going
out the other interface (wrong source IP address) will get dropped
by the ISP.

Workaround: You must configure the routing so that the
tunnel destination address is only
routed via the correct interface. You cannot use Policy Based
Routing (PBR). This workaround may hamper configuring primary/backup
redundancy types of configurations.

----
Denis V. Schapov
JSC "DSI"