[c-nsp] 6500s/XFPs (Was XENPAK 10GB-LW (WAN PHY))

Ed Butler ed.butler at rapidswitch.com
Tue May 30 15:22:48 EDT 2006

Mikael has hit the nail on the head here. We would really like to put
10g equipment in, but don't want to start mixing XFP/X2/Xenpak modules.
It is a nightmare keeping spares especially when you factor in DWDM
modules aren't cheap.

Do Cisco have anything in the pipeline for XFPs on 6500s? (That will be
comparable in cost to the 6704/Xenpak solution)

Regards,

Ed Butler
RapidSwitch Ltd
DDI: 020 7106 0731

RapidSwitch Ltd, 5th Floor, Sovereign House, 227 Marsh Wall, London, E14
9SD

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this
email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments
are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
responsibility of the recipient.