[c-nsp] Cisco & Juniper POS interoperability

Diego Castro dcastro5 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 19:23:30 EDT 2006

Thanks to everyone, this issue has been solved.

The problem was the IOS version.
The first trial was with 12.0(31)S1 service provider,
and the protocol never came up.
In the lab we tried with 12.0(31)S5 service provider,
and everything was working.

This is the Juniper M10 configuration:

interfaces {

    }
    so-1/1/0 {
        encapsulation cisco-hdlc;
        sonet-options {
            fcs 32;
            payload-scrambler;
            rfc-2615;
        }
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                no-redirects;
                address 10.1.0.249/30;
            }
        }
    }

chassis {

        fpc 1 {
        pic 1 {
            framing sdh;
        }
    }
}

This is the Cisco 7206VXR configuration:

interface POS1/0
 ip address 10.1.0.250 255.255.255.252
 crc 32
 pos framing sdh