[c-nsp] HWIC-AP-G-A

Jared Brown jabrown at kiva.net
Wed Nov 1 00:39:54 EST 2006

Trying to determine the minimum hardware/software to support HWIC-AP-G-A.

Currently I have it installed in an 1841 running 12.4(10a) Adv IP Services
feature set and it appears in show diag as:

WIC/HWIC Slot 1:
        Unknown WAN daughter card
        WIC module not supported/disabled in this slot
        PCB Serial Number        : FOC10241X2C
        Hardware Revision        : 1.0
        Part Number              : 73-9388-03
        Board Revision           : A0
        Top Assy. Part Number    : 800-26049-01
        Deviation Number         : 0
        Fab Version              : 03
        CLEI Code                : IPUIANERAA
        RMA Test History         : 00
        RMA Number               : 0-0-0-0
        RMA History              : 00
        Product (FRU) Number     : HWIC-AP-G-A
        Version Identifier       : 01
        Unknown Field (type 004A): 00 00

According to:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5949/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028cc7b.html
this module is supported in 1800 series router (though I know I may need to
go to 12.4(2)T. However, I just checked on Cisco's Software Advisor tool and it
shows the only available Engine/CPU for this part as 2801 and up.

Can anyone confirm that this module is compatible on an 1800 series and what the
minimum software required is?

Thanks.

Jared