[c-nsp] Switches, Loopbacks and VLAN interfaces...

cigdem gur cigdem_gur at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 03:29:19 EST 2006

Hi,

I agree with Shakeel. Loopback address is available
for L3 devices. For L2 switches, you should define SVI
interfaces (interface vlan xx) and give IP addresses
to this interface.

You can define a management vlan, define this vlan at
all switches. And then create SVI interfaces on all
switches and give IP addresses from same IP subnet to
these SVI interfaces. Also by using "ip default
gateway" command, you can set 6500 as a default gw.