[c-nsp] Fast Reroute Behavior when link is recovered

Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com
Thu Nov 2 18:47:40 EST 2006

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the reply.

The config of OSRa is a explicit path with FRR request:

interface Tunnel1
ip unnumbered loopback0
tunnel destination b.b.b.b
tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
tunnel mpls traffic-eng autoroute announce
tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng priority 0 0
tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth 100
tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit identifier 1
tunnel mpls traffic-eng fast-reroute
!
ip explicit-path identifier 2 enable
next address f.f.f.f
next address g.g.g.g
next address h.h.h.h

OSR1 protects the link OSR1-OSR2

interface Tunnel1000
ip unnumbered loopback0
tunnel destination 27.2.2.2
tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 0 0
tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit identifier 2
!
ip explicit-path identifier 2 enable
next address x.x.x.x
next address y.y.y.y
next address z.z.z.z
!
interface POS5/0
ip address 160.2.2.1 255.255.255.0
mpls traffic-eng tunnels
mpls traffic-eng backup-path Tunnel1000
pos ais-shut
pos report lrdi
ip rsvp bandwidth 2480000 2480000

I have tested this configuration simulation failure on OSR1--OSR2 link.
When I remove fiber, OSR1 protects the tunnel from OSRa to OSRb. When I
recover the OSR1--OSR2 fiber, FRR goes inactive and path follows the
initial set of routers.
Now, clients says that when real failures occurred, FRR protected the
link OSR1--OSR2, but when failure was gone, FRR keeps active, that is,
it does not detect link recovery.

I understood what you said about dynamic. I will test this situation,
with dynamic.
But do you have other idea when Explicit is used, no dynamic, and the
previous described situation occurs?

Cordially,
Alaerte