[c-nsp] %TUN-5-RECURDOWN error

Nick Kraal nick at arc.net.my
Thu Nov 2 20:33:34 EST 2006

We are trying to build a virtual peering tunnel link between two
providers through a shared upstream provider.This is to exchange
CustA and CustB prefixes only between ISPA and ISPB. The /30 tunnel IP
address is provided by ISPA.

               BigBadInternet

CustA-ISPA----TransitProvider---ISPB-CustB

                 OtherISPs

Tunnel interface is up. But when BGP is run, we get a '%TUN-5-RECURDOWN'
error and the tunnel interface is shutdown. Tried placing the tunnel WAN
/30 static routes into the tunnel on both sides. Sort of understand what
is going on here, but not too sure how to fix this.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

-nick/