[c-nsp] MLPPP loss

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Nov 3 02:21:56 EST 2006

a. Rahman Isnaini r. Sutan <mailto:risnaini at indo.net.id> wrote on
Friday, November 03, 2006 8:14 AM:

> Hi Oli,
>

> Here are the output :
>
> ro1#sh ppp multilink
> Multilink1, bundle name ro2
>   Bundle up for 4d10h
>   0 lost fragments, 0 reordered, 0 unassigned
>   0 discarded, 0 lost received, 167/255 load
>   0x0 received sequence, 0x0 sent sequence
>   Member links: 1 active, 0 inactive (max not set, min not set)
>     Serial5/1, since 4d10h, no frags rcvd
>
> ro2#sh ppp multilink
> Multilink1, bundle name is ro1
>   Bundle up for 4d10h
>   0 lost fragments, 0 reordered, 0 unassigned
>   0 discarded, 0 lost received, 78/255 load
>   0x0 received sequence, 0x0 sent sequence
>   Member links: 1 active, 0 inactive (max not set, min not set)
>     Serial3/1, since 4d10h, no frags rcvd
>

> We didn't load this multilink any longer with any packet
> since loss happened.
> The config pretty much standard, as similar config has been
> running properly on other backbone routers.

well, you possibly cleared the counters sometimes in the past, so there
are no drops shown on the bundle. I can't say anything unless you send
traffic over the bundle again and observe drops. Then this output along
with a "show int" of the individual E1s could help.

Possible issues could be a large differential delay on the links (i.e.
the rtt on the individual E1 differs greatly) which causes problems in
the re-assembly, but this is just a wild guess..

	oli