[c-nsp] 6500 Sup2 memory needs

Church, Chuck cchurch at multimax.com
Tue Nov 7 20:21:30 EST 2006

That would be my normal preference, but since this sup is EOS in 4
months, we're thinking that the IOS won't grow much, seeing as how
12.2SR doesn't appear to be supported on the Sup2 anyway.  Since we're
only going to carry at very most 10,000 prefixes (currently around 800,
no plans for this to grow), going to 512 seems like overkill, since
these will probably be converted to Sup720 in the next 3 or 4 years
anyway.  I'm hearing people running 12.2(18)SXF have around 90mb free
with 256 and small routing tables.  That seems like plenty for a couple
years of minor features, and bug fixes.

Chuck