[c-nsp] Virtual-Templates and QoS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Nov 9 12:18:52 EST 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on :

> Hi, Guys please can anyone please forward me a Book Reference or Cisco
> Link, where it talks about Virtual-Templates and QoS ?
>
> I've been browsing high and low, if I can create a Virtual-Template
> under a P2P subinterface, if doing shaping at the
> Virtual-Template using
> MQC in a Parent PMap  and then creating a new Child Policy-map to do
> CBWFQ or instead do a frame-relay traffic shaping at DLCI
> Level but without luck

Assuming this is PPPoE/oA/oL2TP: I'm not entirely sure if such a policy
works in 12.2(28)SB, but all other release trains can't do any queuing
on the vtemplate/vaccess for PPPoX. You need the per-session QoS
feature/infrastructure to queue on vaccess, see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6566/products_feature_guide09186a0
080610dad.html

	oli