[c-nsp] Feature request

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Nov 9 13:38:15 EST 2006

Disruptive means different things to different people.
If you define disruptive as losing a single packet it can't
be done today.

If you define disruptive as something that is "significantly
noticeable" to the user. ie: phone call drops, TCP session hangs
for an extensive amount of time then things are in the works and
some available to proactively reroute traffic (ie: NSF/SSO, signalling
a node going down proactively to the routing protocols, etc..)

Routers don't keep track of flows in the forwarding path and they
would have to somehow inform upstream routers to route on a flow
basis. I can't see any scalable solution to that.

rodney