[c-nsp] 6500 troubles. What caused these packets to be punted? Isthat even what went wrong?

Jim Devane jdevane at nevadanap.com
Thu Nov 9 16:14:56 EST 2006

James,

I learned the TCAM lesson the hard way on other boxes! No, this box only
holds about 150 routes or so. The BGP is really just there for them to
pass me routes instead of using OSPF.
The routing is pretty straight forward so I looped for a recursive
lookup or route loop that might have caused a problem or CPU to go up
and didn't find anything that would have caused a problem.
Although, I think if it were a route problem the CPU would have risen to
much higher than the 25% or so that it did.

Thank you for responding. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim