[c-nsp] Best Routing Policy

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at cyberops.biz
Thu Nov 9 22:28:23 EST 2006

Hi Shakeel,

Assumging you are using the Radio's at the max of 6M as opposed to the Maximum
of 12M (half-duplex)...

ip route DEST Serial0
ip route DEST Serial1
ip route DEST 1.1.1.3
ip route DEST 1.1.1.4
ip route DEST 1.1.1.5

ip route 1.1.1.3 255.255.255.255 REMOTE_ROUTER_IP (Radio_link)
ip route 1.1.1.4 255.255.255.255 REMOTE_ROUTER_IP (Radio_link)
ip route 1.1.1.5 255.255.255.255 REMOTE_ROUTER_IP (Radio_link)

That is base on simple static's. If you have a routing protocol running across
the links, then create and route the loopbacks as above.

Make the routing protocol work using the loopback's as source - e.g.
neighbor X.Y.Z.A update-source Loopback0

Aside from that EIGRP has some fancy tricks to load-balance based on cost.

Lastly I would recomment you readup about IP SLA's and the route tracking
options available. Radio links sometimes do funny things - i.e. packetloss
(especially with larger MTU packets), etc. etc.

cheers
/rolf