[c-nsp] distribute list for eigrp

james edwards lists.james.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:37:28 EST 2006

On 11/10/06, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:

> If you want/need to match on the prefix length (subnet mask) as well,
> please use ip prefix-lists where available.
>
>         oli

Cool, thanks everyone.  I had a problem with prefix-lists not working in
eigrp (12.2T) and TAC advised
to only use prefix-lists within a route-map, for eigrp. However I always use
prefix lists for route filtering
& have not had problems with eigrp and prefix-lists (w/o a route-map). Until
one day my core stopped
advertising routes, TAC and I discovered even a match all prefix-list broke
things while no distribute-list
or an access-list worked.

I don't have the option for using a route-map, in this IOS. Have other
people had trouble with using
the "distribute-list prefix <list name>" command ?

james