[c-nsp] Cisco 6500/7600 netflow questions

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:32:20 EST 2006

	We are currently using sampled netflow on our 6500/7600s using
12.2SXF and I have a few questions about
sampled netflow on those boxes.   My question is what is being
populated when the packets are sampled, and at the export
interval, what exactly is being exported.   I can do a show ip cache
flow (or show mls netflow ip) and see entries with
packet counts in the 25-100 range, but none of the flows I see
exported have more than 2 packets reported.

        Is it sampling packets between export intervals, adding them
to a cache to be exported, and then flushes that cache
on export?

Phil