[c-nsp] MPLS MTU

Sergio D. sdanelli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:07:01 EST 2006

hey thanks. I been using MPLS for a while I just started using Cisco
as I am new to this network, I knew of this short coming. thank god
for the adjust mss command that didn't exist in Juniper. Anyway, how
would I check the current MTU for the PHYSICAL interface, so the
actual ethernet MTU, and how would I change that?
Thanks again,

On 11/14/06, Lasher, Donn <DLasher at newedgenetworks.com> wrote:

> Welcome to mpls. :)
>

> You have to make sure that ALL Devices, L2, are able to support the
> larger MTU. On older catalyst, you set the MTU on the port, on newer on
> the whole switch.
>
> Then you can raise the MPLS MTU on the router interfaces. I'd recommend
> as big as the L2 devices allow, to avoid any future issues.
>
> Good luck..

Sergio Danellli
JNCIE #170