[c-nsp] Analyzing BGP routing table

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Sun Nov 19 02:41:02 EST 2006

Hi,
    We currently have two different upstream that we multihome. By default
settings most traffic prefers Upstream A rather than upstream B. NTOP will
only assist in studying the traffic pattern and not why a certain path is
choosen. To do it manualy would not make sense as the BGP best path selection
algorithm is roughly around 13 steps. Are there any tools available that can
be used to study/simulate the BGP routing table and pinpoint the reason for a
path being choosen as the best path (weight, local pref, metric, no of hops
etc). Thanks.

Regards,
Kana