[c-nsp] T3 with unavailable seconds but no errors

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Sun Nov 19 13:09:38 EST 2006

An entity claiming to be James Sneeringer (jsneeringer at jupiterimages.com) wrote:
: We have a 7204VXR with one PA-T3+ running 12.2(2)T. We're seeing
: moderate (under 20%) packet loss that appears to be due to unavailable
: seconds I'm seeing on the controller. However, the controller is not
: indicating any actual errors or alarms.
:

You will see only Unavailable Seconds (UAS) when an Alarm Indicatition
Signal (AIS) is being received from the carrier.  AIS indicates an upstream
error, i.e. there is a failure on the other side of the component of the
network element sending the AIS to your equipment.  If you see a similar
situation on the other end of the circuit (only UAS) there is most likely a
problem with the carrier.

FEBE's will not be generated in response to an AIS since it is not a block
error.  They could be generated due to line or path errors on the other
side of the circuit.

Mark

--
[] Mark Rogaski         |     Beware of bugs in the above code;