[c-nsp] network design question

Brant I. Stevens branto at branto.com
Mon Nov 20 19:46:40 EST 2006

On 11/20/06 5:15 PM, "Brian Desmond" <brian at briandesmond.com> wrote:

> I would go with #2. Are you putting a switch pair between the 2821s and
> PIXen or are you meshing e0 and e1 to each of the 2821s?

The PIX need to be able to communicate with each other over all interfaces
for failover to work properly, so the "outside" interfaces will have to be
L2-adjacent with one another.

> Thanks,
> Brian Desmond
> brian at briandesmond.com
>
> c - 312.731.3132

I could see going with #1 if the need to use a gateway other than the PIX
were to arise, as you won't get ICMP redirects with the PIX, IIRC.  If that
isn't a requirement, then I'd say go with #2.