[c-nsp] OT: What barcode format does Cisco use?

John Exum jexum at Harding.edu
Tue Nov 21 18:17:06 EST 2006

Thanks for the ideas..

John Exum

On 11/21/06, John Exum < jexum at harding.edu <mailto:jexum at harding.edu> >
wrote:

I have been asked by my newly appointed BC/DR coordinator to start keeping a

record of where/what we have in each closet.  I know I should be doing this
all along; but, I'm sure a lot of you know how it is.  We save a little time
here and pay for it later but the customer is up and happy.

I noticed that all the Cisco equipment I have has barcodes on it, for MAC,
product, and serial number.  Does anyone know what format Cisco uses for
that?  My student workers will think it is a lot more fun to scan than
write, and I want to order the right thing the first time.

John Exum

Network Manager

Harding University