[c-nsp] 1811 PPPoE

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Thu Nov 23 13:56:06 EST 2006

> Purely a guess based on how many we have been able to squeeze
> comfortably into a Cisco 2621 ...;)  About 30-40 maybe??

It'd be the platform IDB limit which you'd run into, most likely. Unless
of course your PPPoE users are (as it's been termed..) 'file sharin
fools.' Even for 26xx's, this is many hundred. Note the following:

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-IPBASEK9-M), Version
12.4(4)T5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

#sh idb
Maximum number of Software IDBs 800.  In use 5.

So, I would suspect you'll be able to serve well over 30 to 40 PPPoE
sessions if your overall pps load isn't exceeding what your routers
processor can deal with. I lack an 1811 to 'sh idb' on, so you'll have
to actually check. <G>

-Tk