[c-nsp] Provider border box

Eric Pylko eric at infinitenetworks.us
Mon Nov 27 11:06:09 EST 2006

You would have to purchase IP Services or above but you don't need to buy
the interdomain routing license any more (used to be a separate $5k item):

Effective September 30, 2005, Cisco Catalyst 6500 customers using Cisco IOSR
Software Release 12.2(18)SXE and beyond will no longer be required to
purchase a license for InterDomain Routing. Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
and Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol will be made
available as part of the standard Cisco IOS Software image packages shown in
Figure 1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_bulletin0900aecd8
0351e11.html

-Eric