[c-nsp] Monitoring ethernet circuits with GRE

William willay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 10:33:11 EST 2006

David,

I've configured 'keepalive 10 3' on both sides and still have the same
issue, this is the current status:

Router#sh int tunnel1
Tunnel1 is up, line protocol is down
  Hardware is Tunnel
  MTU 1514 bytes, BW 9 Kbit, DLY 500000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation TUNNEL, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec), retries 3
  Tunnel source 1.1.1.2, destination 1.1.1.1
  Tunnel protocol/transport GRE/IP, key disabled, sequencing disabled
  Tunnel TTL 255
  Checksumming of packets disabled,  fast tunneling enabled
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 3
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/0 (size/max)
     1004 packets input, 48192 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     771 packets output, 37008 bytes, 0 underruns

3550switch#sh int tunnel1
Tunnel1 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Tunnel
  MTU 1514 bytes, BW 9 Kbit, DLY 500000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation TUNNEL, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec), retries 3
  Tunnel source 1.1.1.1, destination 1.1.1.2, fastswitch TTL 255
  Tunnel protocol/transport GRE/IP, key disabled, sequencing disabled
  Tunnel TTL 255
  Checksumming of packets disabled
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 1
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/0 (size/max)
     779 packets input, 37772 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts (0 IP multicast)
     0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     1089 packets output, 53792 bytes, 0 underruns

up/up one side, up/down on the other.. fun.

Cheers,

Will