[c-nsp] Tacacs problem - 2950

Dario dario.donsion at soporte.rediris.es
Tue Nov 28 11:16:11 EST 2006

Hi,

You can configure something like this:

	enable secret 5 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
	aaa new-model
	aaa authentication login TELNET group tacacs+ line enable
	aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable
	aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting commands 0 default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting commands 2 default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting commands 3 default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting commands 4 default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+
	aaa accounting network default start-stop group tacacs+
	line vty 0 4
	 password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
	 login authentication TELNET

If you enter by telnet then first option is tacacs then line (telnet) and last option is enable.
That's is for login, for enable: tacacs then enable.

If your tacacs fails and you want the router ask for an user/pw you need to define the user
in the router:

	username noc password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Also you need to specify the commans allowed for the diferent levels, for example:

	privilege exec level 2 clear counters
	privilege exec level 2 show version
	privilege exec level 2 show hardware

(also in the your tacacs server: tacacs conf)

Al works for our 2960 routers, hope it helps,

Regards,

	Dario D.