[c-nsp] upgrading RAM on Sup720

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 28 14:05:08 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 06:17:42PM -0000, Simon Hamilton-Wilkes wrote:
> Please sanity check me as I'm losing it.
> I've bought what supposedly are the correct 512MB DIMMs from MemoryX, replaced both DIMMs, but the switch still reports only 512MB...
>
> Any ideas welcome.

	I believe what you want is this:

http://puck.nether.net/~jared/sup720_v1.jpg

	One is the SUP memory, the other is the MFSC.

	Not sure what you are trying to upgrade "to", but they do
not need to have the same amount of memory.  If you want to do 1G, you
do need to replace the RP memory with a 1G DIMM.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net