[c-nsp] Spanning tree compatibility with RSTP

Collins, Richard (EXT) rich.collins at siemens.com
Tue Nov 28 17:34:35 EST 2006

Thank you all for your responses.

We have a couple of different networks at different locations but the
Cisco
switches are in the minority as far as the switches go.  Yes Foundry is
one
of the third party which gave us some problems.

I am basically interested in 802.1s interworking with 802.1w and
possibly 802.1d.

I followed a couple of links you suggested and seem to come to the
conclusion that
for our somewhat simple network with only a few vlans I should leave
instance 0 alone and
assign all the other vlans to instance 1.  I will be keeping PVST or
PVST+ out of the
network. Currently there is no need to load balance with different
VLAN's over uplinks.

Rich