[c-nsp] Subinterfaces on a 6500 Native?

Wes Davis daviswr at jmu.edu
Tue Oct 3 16:01:04 EDT 2006

I might be misinterpreting what you're trying to do, but you might be looking for
switch virtual interfaces, basically a routed interface on a Vlan. In your example,
for an interface on Vlan 200 (what physical interface you're trunked on doesn't
terribly matter), you would:

6500(config)#int Vlan200

We've got a number of native-IOS 6500s, and it's how we do inter-Vlan routing.
Of course, I could be completely off-base and SVI isn't remotely close to what
you want.

Wes