[c-nsp] looking for a netflow analyzer

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Mon Oct 9 10:24:08 EDT 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote on 10/06/2006 08:40:39 AM:

> We're also looking or a rather simple netflow implementation that we can
> say "how much traffic do we exchange with AS XXXX?" and "how much email
> traffic is flowing across interface x/y?"

For these requirements (original poster's were more involved) the
open-source combination of Flow-tools and FlowViewer can give you what you
want quickly. FlowViewer now has FlowTracker which can track your
requirements over time by generating MRTG-like graphs for your specified
filter.

Flow-tools: http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools
FlowViewer: http://ensight.eos.nasa.gov/FlowViewer

Joe