[c-nsp] Cisco 7970 Unbootable After FW Upgrade

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Mon Oct 9 14:23:53 EDT 2006

I tried upgrading a used Cisco 7970 from the image it shipped with to
SIP 8.0.2 SR1 but didn't have any luck so I followed the procedures to
do a factory reset on the phone. The phone is grabbing an IP and
attempting to grab my "term70.default.loads" file but not moving any
further. The phone screen no longer shows anything. Has anyone else had
the same problem? All of my other 7970s upgraded with no problems. Since
our 7970s are all used I couldn't tell what image they shipped with or
what the default is. I've tried grabbing a much older SCCP image version
and placing that image in my tftp server hoping it would like that but
still no success.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can at least get this phone
to boot some default SCCP image? As of right now this phone is
unuseable. I get the feeling that if I can figure out what the default
image is for one of these I may be able to get it to boot to that.
Thanks!
Jeremiah