[c-nsp] etherchannel GSR-Juniper

Tantsura, Jeff jtantsura at upcbroadband.com
Tue Oct 10 09:01:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know this topic was in the past discussed on both list's but you never
know :)

Is there any way to get etherchannel working between GSR (no LACP) and
Juniper?

>From cisco:
" In both Gigabit EtherChannel and POS Channel link bundles, the Link
Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for signalling and the 802.3ad protocol
for automatic negotiation of the channel are not supported. This means that
in order for the channel between two routers to be active, you must disable
signalling"

Is there any way one could disable signalling on Juniper (from what I know
it's either passive or active, both require LACP keepalives to stay UP)

TIA,
Jeff