[c-nsp] Netflow Questions

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Thu Oct 12 14:58:56 EDT 2006

I'm running two 7206 VXR routers with NPE300s. The IOS version I am
running on both is:
IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-JK9O3S-M), Version 12.2(31), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc2)

I recently start exporting and collecting Netflow data using the
Nfdump/Nfsen combo. I have a few questions about Netflows "order of
operations". Is netflow data collected before traffic hits the inbound
ACL. It appears as though it is because I'm seeing flows in nfsen that
are getting blocked by my inbound ACL. I guess I'm looking for
verification on this.
Another question I had was about SNMP MIBs for collecting Netflow and
NBAR statistics. Does anyone have a recommendation of a stable IOS image
that supports these MIBs? I've tried using the software advisor and got
a list of IOS images that will work but I was wondering if anyone else
that is running similar hardware has any recommendations based on
experience.
Thanks,
Jeremiah