[c-nsp] Anyone having problems with cisco.com in the NorthEast?

Cory Ayers cayers at ena.com
Thu Oct 12 15:10:26 EDT 2006

> DNS appears to be ok but http to anything @ cisco.com is not working.
> We have another Internet link through Sprint and it works fine.
> Wondering if it's something AT&T related...
> There was a similar problem with google.com a few weeks ago, I think
> Google ended up re-routing the traffic.

I shutdown our BGP session to AT&T this morning for the exact same
reason, I could not trace out past AT&T to reach cisco.com.  To my
knowledge cisco.com was the only site affected, but I didn't dig.  I
turned AT&T back up shortly after.  They were no longer the preferred
exit to reach cisco.com, and I have not seen any further issues
accessing cisco.com.  According to netflow data traffic from cisco.com
returns to me via another provider, so I assume this was an outbound
toward Cisco through AT&T.

Cory Ayers
Network Architect
Education Networks of America