[c-nsp] switch ARP question

mohanlal jangir mohanlaljangir at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:27:00 EDT 2006

I am working on a system which implements Link Redundancy. The Links are
connected to Cisco switch 3650. Both Links have same IP address but
different MAC. During Link switching, I send a gratituous ARP for new MAC.
When I switch from one link to another, the connections are broken for some
time (around 10secs) and then traffic flow restarts. But on Cisco switch, I
still see old Link MAC address. Could someone tell me why connections are
broken for some time and why Cisco switch ARP table is not updated for new
MAC?

Regards,
Mohan