[c-nsp] Cisco BPX 8600 Help

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Mon Oct 16 11:55:54 EDT 2006

The only way i've done it is with a virgin BCC booted and the passworded
BCC in the slave slot.  You just put it in and the system automatically copies
everything.  As far as access to the "StrataCom" or "Cisco" user, you have to
actually get the default password from Cisco for the OS release from your
master BCC card.  If you watch closely, after you insert the slave BCC,
you can get the config copied over and eject the slave card before it copies
the OS.

Mike Brown [jmb287 at gmail.com] wrote:

> I have a Cisco BPX 8600 WAN switch with dual BCC 3-32  cards.  I need to
> reset the password on the device.
> I can't find any instructions on Cisco's website on how to do this.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>

> Thank You
> Mike

"Do you even send e-mails?"
"I told you, I'm from the Wild West. I write by hand." -- Chuck Norris