[c-nsp] OT - BGP Analysis

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Mon Oct 16 13:16:11 EDT 2006

Hi there... sorry for the OT post... but figured that there would a
number of people on this list with ideas..;)

Does anyone know of any tools that would allow us to analyse our BGP
traffic to answer the question of "if we switched to Provider X and we
kept Provider Y & Z, X Mb/s of traffic would flow via Provider X" ??

When I was at Networkers this year, Packet Design was onsite with their
"Route Explorer" products etc. which are very cool and would give us a
good answer to the above question - but with their pricetag makes it not
possible for a small provider like us to purchase (well over 100K).

Any free or economical commercial tools that would tell us what we need
to know?  I could take our netflow reporting and do it AS by AS but that
would take weeks or figuring it out etc....

Thanks,

Paul Stewart
Network Administrator
Nexicom Inc.