[c-nsp] Adjust mss on 6500

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon Oct 16 15:25:36 EDT 2006

Adjust mss requires that the CPU see TCP SYN packets so the
adjustment can be made during the handshake. As such, it requires h/w
programming of the ACL TCAM to do the redirection appropriately. The
software support to do this is not in any shipping s/w for the 6500
today, it is roadmapped for Q1CY07. (BTW, it is avail now in SRA 7600 code).

Of course, any time a feature brings the CPU into the fwding path, I
urge you to understand the implications & use caution.

Tim

At 07:09 PM 10/16/2006 +0200, fredrik.jacobsson at seb.se commented:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759