[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Tue Oct 17 09:09:34 EDT 2006

Just like to add name to the list of customers that find this abuse a
little annoying.

There is a significant investment tied to the testing of a new IOS train,
whereas we feel that a bugfixed
rebuild should be a safe migration path with minimal testing. Cisco more
and more seems to ignore
the cost they are inflicting on their customer and the inherent
devaluation of IOS's perceived stability.

This is something I've brought up with my account team on several
occasions, but the more
it's said, the more I hope the right people get the message.

Thanks
Christian

Internet
tstevens at cisco.com

Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
16/10/2006 22:36

rodunn, lists
cc
cisco-nsp
Subject
Re: [c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

As Rodney says, it is a business decision whether a rebuild gets new
features. SXF is the only active release vehicle we have at the
moment, the next major release is months away.

Agree with you & others that this "rule" has been abused a bit lately...

Tim

At 07:45 PM 10/13/2006 -0400, Rodney Dunn commented:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority