[c-nsp] PPPoE and FreeRadius - yet again

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Oct 18 11:08:32 EDT 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on :

> Hi I'm stuck and need some guidance:

[...]
> Packet-Type = Access-Accept
> Wed Oct 18 16:26:26 2006
>         Service-Type = Framed-User
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP
>         Framed-IP-Address = 85.xxx.xxx.12
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
>         Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>
> It seems that the router isn't receiving the attributes?
>

> I cannot seem to find a single decent guide on this, any
> ideas on where to look next?

please enable "debug ppp neg", "debug radius" as well as "debug aaa
authorization" (maybe along with "debug aaa per-user") which should
throw some errors when applying the attributes. Can't spot any obvious
errors, not sure why you configured Framed-Routing (are you running a
routing protocol over this session?), and you possibly want to remove
VJ-compression as this causes the pkts to be process-switched (seriously
limiting the box' scalability).

Above debugs should provide more clue..

	oli