[c-nsp] Question about ATM and fair-queue

james edwards lists.james.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:52:46 EDT 2006

I have applied a service-policy to put all traffic (outbound) into a
fair-queue. I have never done this b4 on a UBR interface
or any interface w/o committed bandwidth. Is this working correctly ? I see
1 Conversation, but 0 total queued.

!
policy-map fair-queue-56k
  class class-default
   fair-queue
!
interface ATMx/0.xxx point-to-point
 description xxxx District IPVC
 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
 no ip mroute-cache
 ip policy route-map fred
 pvc xxx 4/x
  ubr 64
  service-policy output fair-queue-56k
!

xxx_CORE_Router#sho queue  ATM3/0.xxx
  Interface ATM3/0.xxx VC 4/xxx
  Queueing strategy: weighted fair
  Total output drops per VC: 0
  Output queue: 0/512/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
     Conversations  0/1/64 (active/max active/max total)
     Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
     Available Bandwidth 0 kilobits/sec
!

xxx_CORE_Router#sho policy-map interface ATM3/0.xxx
 ATM3/0.xxx: VC 4/xxx -

  Service-policy output: fair-queue-56k

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      863 packets, 379057 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 2000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any
      Queueing
        Flow Based Fair Queueing
        Maximum Number of Hashed Queues 64
        (total queued/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0
xxx_CORE_Router#

--
James H. Edwards
Senior Network Systems Administrator