[c-nsp] ospf neighbor flap

Riccardo Tortorici riccardo.tortorici at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:31:49 EDT 2006

Hi guys,
I'm experiencing a strange problem on ospf.
I have one 7609 acting as border router in area0, on the same vlan
there are other routers (juniper, out of my control) running ospf.
I don't notice any connectivity problem with my neighbors, I did a
flooding ping for 10 minutes and I miss no packets.
I previously had the default dead timer on interface command and  "ip
ospf hello-interval 2" but I noticed I receive *all* the neighbors
hello packets after 8-10 seconds, so I decided to increase the dead
time to 16 as workaround.
Right now the neighbors flap less often but sometimes it happens.
I double-checked vlan and interfaces counters to see errors but nothing.
Is there someone that already faced this issue?
Regards,
Riccardo

interface Vlan909
description XXX
ip address 10.63.16.68 255.255.255.240
no ip redirects
ip ospf hello-interval 2
ip ospf dead-interval 18
end
!
router ospf 100
router-id 10.63.16.68
log-adjacency-changes
redistribute connected metric 20 subnets
redistribute static metric 20 subnets
network 10.63.16.64 0.0.0.15 area 0
default-information originate always metric 20

#sho ip ospf neighbor

Neighbor ID     Pri   State           Dead Time   Address
Interface
10.63.16.66     128   FULL/DR         00:00:01    10.63.16.66
Vlan909
10.63.16.69     128   FULL/BDR        00:00:05    10.63.16.69
Vlan909

- Riccardo Tortorici -
Linux Registered User #365170
Count yourself @ http://counter.li.org/ !
--
Encrypted Mails Welcome
GPG key: 0xF3FCE306 available on  wwwkeys.pgp.net