[c-nsp] Fwd: Re: QinQ

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at cyberops.biz
Thu Oct 26 16:46:15 EDT 2006

Hi Steinar,

Is Spanning tree (specifcally MSTP) work over QinQ links - i.e. a topology
like below:

i.e. STP for the Provider backbone (not for the Customer 802.1q tags).

i.e. the following is not protected by STP?? (MSTP in my case):

SW   - w 802.1q VLAN (2950/2400ME)
CSW - Core Switch with QinQ trunks (3550 w EMI / 3560)

SW----CSW1|                     | CSW2----SW

Regards,
/rolf