[c-nsp] Your opinions on router throughput

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Sat Oct 28 16:22:33 EDT 2006

There is nothing wrong with the device in question....let alone seriously.  It is asked to do a lot of stuff.

Is there a particular reason you call "something is wrong" or "open a TAC case" every time a performance measure falls outside your expected levels?  Especially when you are not familiar with the configuration or duties the router performs...

Can you provide actual performance of an NPE300 in a production environment with x,y and z turned on?  I can...and that's what I offered.

My point to the original poster is that depending on the features turned on and layout of the network, a NPE300 may or may not be sufficient.  That's all...nothing more nothing less.

tv