[c-nsp] Identifying SPAN ports via SNMP?

null yathrib yathrib.public at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:33:29 EST 2006

Does anyone know what MIB describes features of a SPAN session in IOS?

After configuring something like

monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 0/2
monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 0/3

I'd like to be able to pull that information down via SNMP.  In recent
devices (IOS 12.X on 6509 with Sup720) I cannot even identify if a
device is in in monitor mode (which can be determined with a show int
blah) via SNMP.

The larger purpose to to easily audit where span ports are in our
environment.  A subsequent task is to find out the hardware address at
the receiving end of the SPAN'd traffic, but that is also a hairy
situation, since the the port does not learn any addresses when in
mirror mode.

Hints appreciated, thanks in advance.

--
Daniel