[c-nsp] OT: Open Source Network Monitor

Netfortius netfortius at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:11:10 EDT 2006

My $0.02 - and DISCLAIMER: I am in no way, shape or form related to this
company, except for being a happy customers of theirs!

I have built throughout the years various open source systems (Linux-based),
such as MRTG w/RRD ones, Nagios, Cacti, etc. In the end I have come to
appreciate my and my group's time in not having to maintain tools with high
requirements for resources (though apparently "free"), and just pay for a
software bundle, mostly open source, which delivered all the tools with easy
to use config interfaces, all in one place. Highly, highly recommended - I am
using their MRTG/RRD components, syslog, inventory, alarming, netflow, etc. -
WebNM w/Denika, Logalot (I do not think What's Up Gold is worth it) are very
good:

http://www.somix.com

In the yearly maintenance you get a person from their crew to come and
upgrade, when need be, and unlimited number of calls for help, where they
build for you anything odd (which does not fit the regular standard
templates).

HTH,
Stefan