[c-nsp] Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: static routes in vrf, table not updated

Gernot Nusshall Gernot.Nusshall at edvg.at
Tue Sep 5 08:15:22 EDT 2006

Thank you, i didn´t know that i can´t view inactive floating statics.
No, we don´t redistribute the statics to BGP/vpnv4 into the MPLS core, we
just redistribute the statics to OSPF into the Customer
Backbone.

gernot

"Oliver Boehmer \(oboehmer\)" <oboehmer at cisco.com>
05.09.2006 14:11

An
"Gernot Nusshall" <Gernot.Nusshall at edvg.at>
Kopie
<cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Thema
RE: Antwort: RE: [c-nsp] static routes in vrf, table not updated

Gernot Nusshall <mailto:Gernot.Nusshall at edvg.at> wrote on Tuesday,
September 05, 2006 2:06 PM:

> Well, i got your point, but my problem is that those static
> routes should be backup routes and for this
> reason somewhere in a database, so when the primary goes down
> the ospf route falls out and the
> static route comes into the play......

Well, this is exactly what will happen once the OSPF routes go away. You
can't view inactive floating statics.
Will you redistribute the statics to BGP/vpnv4 into the MPLS core? If
so, make sure you pay attention to a proper "weight" settings, otherwise
your primary paths from the vpnv4-neighbors will not be able to pre-empt
the floating statics once they are installed and redistributed (as they
get a weight of 32768 by default, and hence win the path selection
process).

                 oli