[c-nsp] 2 full BGP feeds on 3750?

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Tue Sep 5 16:40:53 EDT 2006

> Anybody successfully multi-homing using a 3750 with a full
> BGP table from each provider? I'm thinking no, but ...

On 3550/3750/$low_end_l3_switch you cannot ever hope to receive &
install a full table of routes.

With that said (and after eyeballing
http://bgp.potaroo.net/rv-index.html for a while), you could probably
put your switch into the 'routing' sdm profile (11k unicast l3 entries),
filter all prefixes longer than /15 and probably not overflow the tcam.
This would get you some reasonable directivity (used loosely) toward
your largest destination netblocks given your platform. Set a 0/0
towards some upstream, and you're good to go.

-Tk