[c-nsp] 2 full BGP feeds on 3750?...expanded

Mathias at TelecityRedbus.com Mathias at TelecityRedbus.com
Wed Sep 6 07:10:53 EDT 2006

I'll go a step further with that reasoning. Do we need BGP at all in
that environment? Unless I am missing something I'll argue no. Static
route and floating static route will do the trick here.

Regards,
Mathias

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Mark Tohill
Sent: 06 September 2006 11:40
To: peter.salanki at bahnhof.net
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 2 full BGP feeds on 3750?...expanded

Hi Peter,

I may be digressing here, but on the subject of the validity of full BGP
routes in relatively small SP environments, is there anything else apart
from the obvious loss of granularity in moving from full feeds to a
default? We are in a 'muti-homed to same provider' scenario.

Is there any strong argument to maintain these assuming CPU, memory are
n't restricted?

Thanks,
Mark

Message: 12