[c-nsp] Cisco DSL Config Question - Multiple Domains

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Sep 6 12:54:34 EDT 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on Wednesday, September 06,
2006 6:37 PM:

> I'm hoping someone can help me here..;)  We have a Cisco 7206VXR that
> we use for DSL termination from a telco via l2tp tunnels.  Below is
> some snippets of the config.  Today, everything works fine but our
> goal is to
> split up three domains coming in **without** using proxy-radius and/or
> changing radius at all (don't go there). ;)
>
> Our telco provider who is sending us the l2tp tunnels runs Juniper and
> can route each domain to a separate loopback on our side.
> This all made
> sense until I started looking at vpdn-group configuration etc...
>
> If they terminate each domain onto a separate loopback interface, how
> can I bind that to a separate virtual-template where I can also define
> separate radius servers and Ip pools for each domain?  Is
> there a way to
> do this?  I had this figured out I thought until I found the
> "virtual-template 1" statement on the vpdn-group.. Is there a way to
> remove this and do it from the loopback instead?

Paul,

have the LAC/SP send you the tunnels using different tunnel names. Then
you can use the "terminate-from hostname <name>" command in your
vpdn-group to match the tunnel to the vpdn-group, and use different
virtual-templates with different AAA methods for your different domains.

So far, we can't assign a tunnel to a vpdn-group based on the L2TP
dest-address (your loopbacks), you need to use different names:

vpdn-group domain1
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1